Relief Labour pain using TENS/EMS
Relief Labour pain using TENS/EMS
October 31, 2020
Use a TENS Machine after a Hip Replacement
Use a TENS Machine after a Hip Replacement
February 19, 2021
Show all

Fitness Hack – use one of our EMS Machines

Fitness Hack
Reading Time: 2 minutes

If improving your physical performance or getting fit is one of your New Year Resolutions, our Electro Muscle Stimulation (EMS) Machines can help you achieve these goals.

Here’s how an EMS Machine assists you to outperform yourself.

Through electrodes connected to the skin with gel pads, EMS Machines mimic the signals from your central nervous system (CNS) by sending electrical impulses which cause muscle contractions, thereby helping your body to strength, tone and build your muscles. EMS devices literally move your muscles for you!

EMS increases the intensity of the muscle contractions because they stimulate a greater number of muscle fibres than simply doing the exercise alone. Normally when you exercise, your CNS will only switch on about 30% of your muscle fibres. The remaining 70% are dormant and awaiting recruitment when the contracting fibres fatigue. With EMS, you can potentially electrically stimulate up to 90 per cent of the muscle fibres at once; magnifying your workout and improving their strength. 1

EMS Machines give you deep, intense, and complete muscle contractions without putting stress on joints, ligaments or tendons.

They can be used while doing your workout, so you can achieve results faster, magnifying the benefits of exercise, without the need for strenuous physical activity, and in half the time. This is why EMS became a super popular in the world of fitness in recent years.

Our EMS Machines are easy to put on and to remove, and they don’t get in the way of you doing your exercises. Thus, the combination of physical exercise plus the extra electrical stimulation makes for a supercharged workout.

All the models allow you to manage the intensity of the impulses. This means you are in control at all times and can adjust as needed.

The EMS Machines are also light and portable which gives you the freedom to use them whenever or where-ever you like; in your own home, at the gym, or when you’re travelling.

THERE ARE FIVE MAIN PURPOSES FOR USING AN EMS MACHINE:

RECOVERY: EMS treatment can increase your blood flow and remove lactic acid, speeding up your recovery time from injuries.

TRAINING: It also helps you build up strength, power, endurance and size when used together with an appropriate exercise routine. EMS Machine is great for getting a flat stomach and lose belly fat, complete thigh and arms workout and lift and reshape your butt.

REHABILITATION: Using an EMS machine will help you build and strengthen your muscles, which means you will rehabilitate faster and more effectively.

For example, Strengthen pelvic floor muscle (Postnatal toning)

APPEARENCE: It helps to build muscle tone and definition when used together with an appropriate exercise routine, allowing you to get the look you’ve always wanted in half the time.

PREVENTION: When used during warm up to exercise, it can help you prevent injuries or muscle strains while exercising.

Moreover, TENS/EMS machines have multiple uses that you can read about here.

For more information visit: https://www.tensmachinesaustralia.com.au/

or call us for more information on 1300 361222

Check the precautions before using a TENS device and always consult with your doctor if pain persists.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sources:
  1. Retrieved from: Physio Works Website. https://physioworks.com.au/faq/what-is-ems-electric-muscle-stimulation/
  2. Retrieved from: News.com.au https://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/fitness/workouts/why-everyones-doing-electricshock-workouts/news-story/300dda78fb80a098445187fa75c04000

Leave a Reply